Thursday, February 5, 2009

"Sweets"

The other day Ayako said she was excited because we were going to go get sweets with her mom, and I was excited because I'm good with anything sweet, but I didn't quite understand the concept.



Oh my god. The most glorious things to ever come in contact with my tastebuds. We ordered 3 dishes, they were all delicous flaky waffles(these were no toaster waffles!) and they had various toppings on them; there was the Chocolate-Banana, which had Chocolate ice cream, chocolate syrup, bananas, whipped cream, and cashews. Its making me salivate just remembering it.


The next one was Sweet beans and Green Tea, and it had Green tea ice cream, sweet beans, powdered sugar, and whipped cream. I was hesitant to try this one, because I never really thought that beans and sweetness should be mixed, but it ended up being my favorite. It was soooo good.



Then Last but not least, the Strawberry one. It had delicious strawberry ice cream, strawberry syrup, whipped cream, fresh strawberries, and these delicious candied crunchy brown things. yum. And here is a picture of Aya's mom making a funny face. I might get in trouble for posting this one... haha.

7 comments:

  1. Oh!!!!! Wow!!!!

    It all looks so good! Will you be bringing some home in your suitcase?
    Some of these photos look like they belong in a food magazine! Did you have your camera out when you ordered?

    I am certainly not at all worried about you on this trip....... well maybe I should be worried that you won't come home.....

    Love and miss you, glad you are having so much fun!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAH! Sarah, those look so amazingly good. I want some! lol.

    Hope you're having a grand time over there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sarah, i'm sarah, too and i spent a year in tokyo (at icu) learning japanese. it was great fun. i often wonder how i did not gain 10000 lbs because i tried everything too. tanoshinde, ne and i will probably comment some more. oh and i am a friend of renee's from corvallis. have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thats so awesome! hahaha I know I've been eating everything. :)
    Thanks so much for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what?? there is another Ruby!
    ok, so that really, really confused me. a lot. this is ruby your sister posting. we need to figure out a way to differentiate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What? oh yeah! Thats Ruby Fitzgerald!! I thought it was you until I read your comment.. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete